In one player mode, the player controls a boxer who is training to become the top fighter. The player's coach will call out commands and the player will have to mimic those commands. Accuracy is important and if the player make a wrong move then he will have to start the training session over again.
In two player mode, the players control boxers who are sparring. Each player is trying to wear the other's stamina down and knock them out first. The first to win two rounds wins the match.
Main Menu Edit
- Select one player game-button 1
- Select two player game-button 2
- View controls-button 3
- Play bonus game-button 4
- Move player left or right-left or right on the joystick or D-pad
- High punch-button 1
- High block-button 2
- Low punch-button 3
- Low block-button 4
Bonus Game Edit
A simple game of Rock-Paper-Scissors is playable by pressing button 4 at the Menu Menu. This is the classic game where rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper and paper beats rock. Each player makes their selection, the computer will hold each player's selection until both players have selected and then will display the winner. In the event of a tie, the winner will be chosen by the player who makes another selection first.
- Exit game-up on joystick or D-pad
- Select rock-button 1
- Select paper-button 2
- Select scissors-button 3
- Vec Sports Boxing has always been available from Good Deal Games.
- Homebrewer Mark Shaker assembled the first batch of cartridges, but George Pelonis of FURY took over the task of assembling them later when Shaker had to quit making Vectrex cartridges in 2007. This is also why they used the same boxes, as FURY uses for his games.
- This game was also available as Vec Sports Boxing Limited Edition, which consisted of 13 numbered copies including a cart, manual, handmade overlay, and a handmade GCE-style cardboard box.