Welcome to Vectrex WikiEdit
Welcome to the Vectrex wiki! A place for all Vectrexians to gather to discuss the best -- and only -- vector gaming system ever made!
RASTER AND FMV NOT ALLOWED!!
Forget the pixels and the pre-rendered backgrounds, this is a lines-only zone! (Not counting a few of the bitmapped homebrew games, of course!)
- 1/13/2014 At last! A strategy guide was added to Gravitrex a while back (along with its other two included games), but it was for only the first level. Well, level 2 was finally added, along with over a dozen photos and plenty of detailed instructions! So head on over to the Gravitrex Plus page and click on the strategy guide tabber under Links if you need some help with the game!
- ***12/29 news*** This edition covers a surprise Vectrex gaming video, the surprise return of a Vectrex alumni homebrewer that had been M. I. A. for a while, Vectrex-themed Christmas wishes, and more!
- 12/18 Poll added in regards to if you would get your Vectrex buzz fixed or not, if given the choice.
- 12/4 Kaboom! The Atari clones on the Vectrex page is huge! The article goes into much deeper detail on how related Atari Vectrex clones are than even the trivia on most game page entries!
- ***11/27 news*** Wow! It's not a ton of news, but there are some surprising things to report, such as a long lost Vectrex game that may finally see the light of day after literally over 30 years, new Vectrex videos, a soon to be released homebrew, and more can be seen with the current news edition!
Want to find out (and possibly cast your own vote) as to what kind of controller Vectrexers prefer? (The choices are for regular or a modern day controller.) How about when people first got their Vectrex, from either back in the day, sometime later, or just in the previous year or two? How about how highly people rank their Vectrex as their favorite console?
You can find out all of that here, as well as vote!
Submitting a new articleEdit
It can be confusing to new users to wikis in regards to submitting new pages, but it's fairly simple for creating new pages for the most part. Most situations for submitting new material to this wiki in particular will usually include:
1. In order to create a write-up about a game or programmer that does not have a page yet, users can click on either the list of Vectrex games or the list of Vectrex personnel pages, click on the corresponding name, and that will take you to the entry's new page for you to create.
2. If there is no page to one of the above, edit one of the lists, add the game or personnel name (just make sure to encase them in double brackets so a page will appear when it is clicked on), Publish it, then click on the entry.
3. Do a Search (at left if you're using the MonoBook skin, at top right if using the New Wikia skin) for the subject you wish to create an article on, which it will read "<Create the page "_____" on this wiki!>", which will be in red. Click on the red area, which you will be taken to a new page and start typing to your heart's content.
4. If passing along your story in regards to getting your Vectrex (and/or your experience with the machine), perform step #3, then type in "Vectrex Stories: _____" (your user name or what you'd like to be identified as) to start that up.
If there are any questions, either leave them on this discussion page or this wiki's founder's page. There's also the How to write an article page to read up on formatting for this wiki in particular, and the backup wiki to dump a copy of whatever article(s) you write (or you can ask the above admin to do it for you, although you will not get a credit for it in your history if you have an account) is here. Articles have a 60 day time period to be copied onto the backup wiki until the founder puts a copy there himself.
Thanks, and good luck with writing and editing!
- User talk:50TBRD
edited by Darrylb500 6 days ago
Summary: response to post
- User talk:Darrylb500
edited by 50TBRD 6 days ago
- Talk:72 Game Multicart
new comment by A Wikia contributor
Comment: I have this cartridge but it doesn't work. When I select the game the main menu appears another time, it's a infinite bucle. Does somebody know if it...
- User talk:Xefned
edited by Darrylb500
- User talk:Xefned
edited by Darrylb500
Summary: 1/2 note
A few pages of interestEdit
A few things to get you started with!
- List of Vectrex games (note: it's divided into three sections, so keep on scrolling...down...WAAAAAAAY down...also, check out the Catalog of non-gaming Vectrex demos as well)
- List of Vectrex personnel (note: like the above, this is in three sections)
- How to write an article specifically for this site. Even veteran wiki contributors should check out this page for formatting specifically for this wiki, although it could turn out to be simpler than others.
- Also, be sure to share your story as to when you first got your Vectrex (or just an interesting one that happened at some point)! There are also several polls to vote in, and you don't even need to have a Wikia account in order to do so, so check them out and vote!
- Yes, this wiki has way more than just lists! Check out the total site content page or just do a Search (both at left if your skin is set at MonoBook, at top right if set on the default Wikia skin)!