Welcome to Vectrex WikiEdit
Welcome to the Vectrex wiki! A place for all Vectrexians to gather to discuss the best -- and only -- vector gaming system ever made!
RASTER AND FMV NOT ALLOWED!!
Forget the pixels and the pre-rendered backgrounds, this is a lines-only zone! (Not counting a few of the bitmapped homebrew games, of course!)
- 3/23 Last month came the bad news of the vectrexworld.com web site closing down. However, permission was granted for all of its reviews to be transferred onto here. So, click on the following pages and scroll down to either their Links, Review(s) or Links/review(s) area to see every single review that was on vectrexworld.com: All Good Things, Armor Attack, Bedlam, Berzerk, Blitz!, Clean Sweep, Colorclash, Cosmic Chasm, Debris Limited Edition, Fortress of Narzod, Gravitrex Plus, Heads Up, Hyperchase, I, Cyborg, Logo, Mine Storm, Moon Lander, Polar Rescue, Pole Position, Protector LE, Rip Off, Spinball, Scramble, Solar Quest, Space Frenzy, Space Wars, Spike, Spike Hoppin', Star Castle, Star Hawk, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Thrust, Vaboom!/Vectrace, Vec Sports Boxing, Vector Vaders, Vecmania, Vectopia, Vector 21, War of the Robots, Web Wars and Y*A*S*I.
- 3/4 Finally, the International Play Your Vectrex Day page was updated with totals, trivia and several pictures! So see what all went down on that Day!
- 2/26/2018 H. A. A. G. 2017 expo, a stub for several months, was made into a full article. Two Vectrexes were present at the show.
- 1/9/2017 Review added for Revector, so scroll down to the review tabber to see how it fared. Happy new year!
- 12/23 Last month International Play Your Vectrex Day and the Vector Wars contest happened. See those pages for info and/or pics that occurred with those events!
Featured articleVectrex fan CentauraJT (aka Jesus Torres) shared his Vectrex story in regards to his early gaming from Pong, 1980s arcade machines (including vector games!), and how he acquired his uncle's Vectrex.
(The full article can be read here.)
(Previous featured articles can be seen here.)
Submitting a new articleEdit
It can be confusing to new users to wikis in regards to submitting new pages, but it's fairly simple for creating new pages for the most part. Most situations for submitting new material to this wiki in particular will usually include:
1. In order to create a write-up about a game or programmer that does not have a page yet, users can click on either the list of Vectrex games or the list of Vectrex personnel pages, click on the corresponding name, and that will take you to the entry's new page for you to create.
2. If there is no page to one of the above, edit one of the lists, add the game or personnel name (just make sure to encase them in double brackets so a page will appear when it is clicked on), Publish it, then click on the entry.
3. Do a Search (at left if you're using the MonoBook skin, at top center if using the New Wikia skin) for the subject you wish to create an article on, which it will read "<Create the page "_____" on this wiki!>", which will be in red if using the MonoBook skin; if you're using the default Wikia skin, then type in the subject name in the Contribute field at top right. After that, you'll click on the red area for the MonoBook skin or you'll click on Add a page if using the Wikia skin, and after that you will be taken to a new page and you can start typing to your heart's content.
4. If passing along your story in regards to getting your Vectrex (and/or your experience with the machine), perform step #3, then type in "Vectrex Stories: _____" (your user name or what you'd like to be identified as) to start that up.
If there are any questions, either leave them on this discussion page or this wiki's founder's page. There's also the How to write an article page to read up on formatting for this wiki in particular, and the backup wiki to dump a copy of whatever article(s) you write (or you can ask the above admin to do it for you, although you will not get a credit for it in your history if you have an account) is here. Articles have a 60 day time period to be copied onto the backup wiki until the founder puts a copy there himself.
Thanks, and good luck with writing and editing!
- Talk:Vectrex Multifunction Adapter
new comment by A FANDOM user
Comment: Love where you were going with this. Are there any new links with the same info as these broken one's?
- Good going
comment by Darrylb500
- Talk:Web Wars
new comment by A FANDOM user
Comment: In web wars they are well more than 20 trophies . After you collect the first 20 they continue but are very different and post between the lines on...
- Talk:Armor Attack
new comment by A FANDOM user
Comment: how can you mention the PC port without providing a download link??? Evil!!
edited by Darrylb500
Summary: took out dead Stage Select link, streamlined others
Declaring Themselves a Line Lover
Is your user page empty?Click on your user name at the top of the screen to see.Click "Edit" to add some information about yourself!
earned the Declaring Themselves a Line Lover badge
Awarded for adding to your own user page!
A few pages of interestEdit
A few things to get you started with!
- List of Vectrex games (note: it's divided into three sections, so keep on scrolling...down...WAAAAAAAY down...also, check out the Catalog of non-gaming Vectrex demos as well)
- List of Vectrex personnel (note: like the above, this is in three sections)
- How to write an article specifically for this site. Even veteran wiki contributors should check out this page for formatting specifically for this wiki, although it could turn out to be simpler than others.
- Also, be sure to share your story as to when you first got your Vectrex (or just an interesting one that happened at some point)! There are also several polls to vote in, and you don't even need to have a Wikia account in order to do so, so check them out and vote!
- Yes, this wiki has way more than just lists! Check out the total site content page or just do a Search (both at left if your skin is set at MonoBook, at top right if set on the default Wikia skin)!