Welcome to Vectrex WikiEdit
Welcome to the Vectrex wiki! A place for all Vectrexians to gather to discuss the best -- and only -- vector gaming system ever made!
RASTER AND FMV NOT ALLOWED!!
Forget the pixels and the pre-rendered backgrounds, this is a lines-only zone! (Not counting a few of the bitmapped homebrew games, of course!)
- 2/25 Classic Game Creations and Android pages added, the latter of which includes a review. So click on the tabber at the bottom to see what one member thought of it.
- 2/24 Luchs Soft, VOGELFUTTER, SCHIFFE VERSENKEN, Vectrex controller (modified), Berzerk Debugged and Z4HL3N R473N pages added.
- 2/23 Performance VX and Patriots pages added.
- 2/20 ZUFALLSTREFFER, War of the Robots and Vec Sports Boxing pages added.
- 2/18 VECTREX ROLI - DAS SPIEL, 3D Pole Position and Debris pages added.
- 2/16 Well, here there hasn't been any Vectrex stories in quite a while, then suddenly there are two here in one day! You can read the "...long and torrid tale" from Tony Holcomb, or the more recent history from Andy Garton!
- 2/15 Spinball, FRESSSAKK, FRESSSAKK - Highscore Edition and Colorclash Slim pages added.
- 2/14 Color Wheel and .--. .- -. --.. . .-. pages added. Happy Valentine's Day with new pages (?)!
- 2/13 SCHIFFE VERSENKEN, Blitz! and 3D Scape pages added, along with the Vector Wars page being updated with Vector War IV info, and the Mateos Vectrex Rewritable Multigame Cart started off as a small stub page nearly a year ago, but a lot of info was added, along with a review of the original and 16in1 models, so check on the Tabber at the bottom of its page to see how they fared.
- 2/11 Armor Attack, Polar Rescue and Dark Tower pages added.
Featured articleVectrex pretty much needs no introduction. We all pretty much know of its (sadly) very brief rise and fall initially in the gaming world upon being released in 1982, along with how it became reborn with the advent of modern day homebrews and all a little over a decade later. However, even though originally taken from the Vectrex Wikipedia article (which is legally allowed through the GNU Free Documentation License), this one has the addition of the console's appearance in the Charles in Charge television show and the Android movie as well, along with other additions.
(Previous featured articles can be seen here.)
Submitting a new articleEdit
It can be confusing to new users to wikis in regards to submitting new pages, but it's fairly simple for creating new pages for the most part. Most situations for submitting new material to this wiki in particular will usually include:
1. In order to create a write-up about a game or programmer that does not have a page yet, users can click on either the list of Vectrex games or the list of Vectrex personnel pages, click on the corresponding name, and that will take you to the entry's new page for you to create.
2. If there is no page to one of the above, edit one of the lists, add the game or personnel name (just make sure to encase them in double brackets so a page will appear when it is clicked on), Publish it, then click on the entry.
3. Do a Search (at left if you're using the MonoBook skin, at top right if using the New Wikia skin) for the subject you wish to create an article on, which it will read "<Create the page "_____" on this wiki!>", which will be in red if using the MonoBook skin; if you're using the default Wikia skin, then type in the subject name in the Contribute field at top right. After that, you'll click on the red area for the MonoBook skin or you'll click on Add a page if using the Wikia skin, and after that you will be taken to a new page and you can start typing to your heart's content.
4. If passing along your story in regards to getting your Vectrex (and/or your experience with the machine), perform step #3, then type in "Vectrex Stories: _____" (your user name or what you'd like to be identified as) to start that up.
If there are any questions, either leave them on this discussion page or this wiki's founder's page. There's also the How to write an article page to read up on formatting for this wiki in particular, and the backup wiki to dump a copy of whatever article(s) you write (or you can ask the above admin to do it for you, although you will not get a credit for it in your history if you have an account) is here. Articles have a 60 day time period to be copied onto the backup wiki until the founder puts a copy there himself.
Thanks, and good luck with writing and editing!
new comment by 50TBRD 1 day ago
Comment: I didn't see it coming but it might have been a common theme among 70s/early 80s movies. 1979 Alien had that same theme. Interesting. I don't think...
new comment by Darrylb500 1 day ago
Comment: I was surprised at the severe twist ending of this movie where Daniel turned out to be an android. They also left this wide open for a sequel for...
new comment by 50TBRD 1 day ago
Comment: I'd add a review but I can't figure out where to initiate it.
- User talk:50TBRD
edited by Darrylb500 2 days ago
- Talk:Vectrex Stories: Tony Holcomb
new comment by 50TBRD
Comment: A long and torrid tale.
A few pages of interestEdit
A few things to get you started with!
- List of Vectrex games (note: it's divided into three sections, so keep on scrolling...down...WAAAAAAAY down...also, check out the Catalog of non-gaming Vectrex demos as well)
- List of Vectrex personnel (note: like the above, this is in three sections)
- How to write an article specifically for this site. Even veteran wiki contributors should check out this page for formatting specifically for this wiki, although it could turn out to be simpler than others.
- Also, be sure to share your story as to when you first got your Vectrex (or just an interesting one that happened at some point)! There are also several polls to vote in, and you don't even need to have a Wikia account in order to do so, so check them out and vote!
- Yes, this wiki has way more than just lists! Check out the total site content page or just do a Search (both at left if your skin is set at MonoBook, at top right if set on the default Wikia skin)!