Welcome to Vectrex WikiEdit
Welcome to the Vectrex wiki! A place for all Vectrexians to gather to discuss the best -- and only -- vector gaming system ever made!
RASTER AND FMV NOT ALLOWED!!
Forget the pixels and the pre-rendered backgrounds, this is a lines-only zone! (Not counting a few of the bitmapped homebrew games, of course!)
- 1/9/2017 Review added for Revector, so scroll down to the review tabber to see how it fared. Happy new year!
- 12/23 Last month International Play Your Vectrex Day and the Vector Wars contest happened. See those pages for info and/or pics that occurred with those events!
- 12/4 Revector page added.
- 1/6/2016 Trapped page added, along with most of a solution (the first three of four items have been mapped out). So click on the Tabber at the bottom of the page if you need help with that, along with hopefully the last few steps of it will be added soon.
- 12/15 User CentauraJT added his "Vectrex story" on this day!
Featured articleSpinball (/aka Flipper Pinball in Europe) is the sole pinball program to ever be released for the console. The player starts the game with five balls and the basic objective is to score as many points as possible by directing the ball to hit the various scoring targets available without losing the ball down the drain at the bottom of the table.
The game rules of advancing the multiplier, activating the Center Chute Diamonds, bumper, spinner and drop target bonuses, saving and splitting the ball are all covered, along with scoring, controls, trivia, and a review being included.
(The full article can be read here.)
(Previous featured articles can be seen here.)
Submitting a new articleEdit
It can be confusing to new users to wikis in regards to submitting new pages, but it's fairly simple for creating new pages for the most part. Most situations for submitting new material to this wiki in particular will usually include:
1. In order to create a write-up about a game or programmer that does not have a page yet, users can click on either the list of Vectrex games or the list of Vectrex personnel pages, click on the corresponding name, and that will take you to the entry's new page for you to create.
2. If there is no page to one of the above, edit one of the lists, add the game or personnel name (just make sure to encase them in double brackets so a page will appear when it is clicked on), Publish it, then click on the entry.
3. Do a Search (at left if you're using the MonoBook skin, at top center if using the New Wikia skin) for the subject you wish to create an article on, which it will read "<Create the page "_____" on this wiki!>", which will be in red if using the MonoBook skin; if you're using the default Wikia skin, then type in the subject name in the Contribute field at top right. After that, you'll click on the red area for the MonoBook skin or you'll click on Add a page if using the Wikia skin, and after that you will be taken to a new page and you can start typing to your heart's content.
4. If passing along your story in regards to getting your Vectrex (and/or your experience with the machine), perform step #3, then type in "Vectrex Stories: _____" (your user name or what you'd like to be identified as) to start that up.
If there are any questions, either leave them on this discussion page or this wiki's founder's page. There's also the How to write an article page to read up on formatting for this wiki in particular, and the backup wiki to dump a copy of whatever article(s) you write (or you can ask the above admin to do it for you, although you will not get a credit for it in your history if you have an account) is here. Articles have a 60 day time period to be copied onto the backup wiki until the founder puts a copy there himself.
Thanks, and good luck with writing and editing!
- Talk:Mine Storm
new comment by Darrylb500
Comment: Yeah that got a bit of a mention in the Trivia section, although not specifically which model that is.
- Talk:Mine Storm
new comment by A Fandom user
Comment: There are some European Vectrex that have Mine Storm II built in, although the title screen still says "Mine Storm". I guess they're late model...
edited by A Fandom user
A few pages of interestEdit
A few things to get you started with!
- List of Vectrex games (note: it's divided into three sections, so keep on scrolling...down...WAAAAAAAY down...also, check out the Catalog of non-gaming Vectrex demos as well)
- List of Vectrex personnel (note: like the above, this is in three sections)
- How to write an article specifically for this site. Even veteran wiki contributors should check out this page for formatting specifically for this wiki, although it could turn out to be simpler than others.
- Also, be sure to share your story as to when you first got your Vectrex (or just an interesting one that happened at some point)! There are also several polls to vote in, and you don't even need to have a Wikia account in order to do so, so check them out and vote!
- Yes, this wiki has way more than just lists! Check out the total site content page or just do a Search (both at left if your skin is set at MonoBook, at top right if set on the default Wikia skin)!