The player controls a gun turret on a watchtower in the Robot Drop Zone. Robots circle the tower and shoot seekers at the player in an attempt to deplete their damage gauge. Both the robots and the seekers must be destroyed, but ammo is not infinite and must be used with care. When the player's ammo is completely spent, it's only a matter of time before game over. In a phase where a certain number of robots must be destroyed, the player is just a sitting duck; however, in a survival phase, it is possible to advance to the next stage if the player has enough health, then they can can wait out the time limit.
Main Menu Edit
- Begin game-button 1
- Move crosshairs-joystick or D-pad
- Pause-button 1
- Rotate left-button 2
- Fire-button 3
- Rotate right-button 4
Scoring is related to how many robots are left that need to be destroyed. This number will decrease by one each time a robot is destroyed.
- War of the Robots is the only FURY game which was not originally sold with its own box. Instead, it was sold in a ziplock bag, sealed with a War of the Robots sticker. It was the only game which is noticeably sealed.
- While the game was released in 2003, a box was made available for purchase in 2004 when I, Cyborg came out.
- 100 numbered copies were produced of this limited edition run as well as two special editions each numbered 1/1. There was War of the Robots: CGE2K3 and War of the Robots: OMEGA, both of which included a Fury mode and the latter included a Code mode.
- The Freeware Edition of the ROM has been released for download as well as the War of the Robots Bow to the Queen Edition.