|no image yet|
|Genre||Multi-directional scrolling shooter|
|Mode(s)||1-2 players alternating|
In Web Wars, the player controls a bird flying through a Web of Fantasy, shooting enemies, dodging their fire and collecting various creatures. There are 20 different creatures to collect in all.
At times a portal will appear for the player to fly into to be taken to the Trophy Room, which displays all of their captured creatures.
If the player misses two chances in entering the Trophy Room during a wave, a Cosmic Dragon will appear over the Web, out of weapons range, and shoot down at the player.
- Select one or two players-button one
- Begin game-button four
- Move left or right-left or right on joystick or D-pad
- Accelerate-up on the joystick or D-pad
- Slow down-down on the joystick or D-pad
- Exit Trophy Room-button one or two
- Capture creature–button three
- Fire-button four
- Capture a Fantasy Creature-325 points
- Destroy Guardian Drone-75 points plus 10 percent of player's speed
- Enter Trophy Room-750 points
Bonus Scoring (extra life reward)
- 25,000 points
- 50,000 points
- 100,000 points
- 250,000 points
- 999,000 points
- At times the Web resembles level 8 or 9 from the arcade game Tempest (see Gallery).
- The game was known as Web Warp in some markets.
- Incredibly high scores are possible by avoiding capturing the first trophy and not accelerating speed.
- The manual states 21 creatures are available to capture however there is only 20 spots in the Trophy Room.
- Disassembly of the source code reveals messages including ads for Bedlam and Cosmic Chasm as well as credits for the programmers William Hawkins, Duncan Muirhead and Patrick King.
Digital Press review (9/10)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Needs to be filled out a bit more in details, scoring table, have box scan or another screenshot for infobox