ZUFALLSTREFFER is the third game in creator Der Luchs's eight game freely downloadable game series programmed between STERNENKRIEGER and its following release. As a musician, these games were programmed quickly with a simple, no frills mentality similar to that of a "jam session". Most games were designed with intuitive game mechanics and a lack of things such as stages, levels, upgrades, bosses, etc. and in this way were not as much of an investment of Der Luchs's time as a larger release game as STERNENKRIEGER or Irrelevant. The original intent was not to be released as a physical cartridge and it wasn't until an almost unanimous public outcry that Der Luchs decided to combine the eight games with VecFahren for the release of the N.D.W. 2014 Multicart.
The players control tanks in a one-on-one survival deathmatch. Each player is limited to only up and down movement and must fire through a force field which randomly displaces the their fire. Each player also has the ability to block their opponent's fire.
Main Menu Edit
- Begin game-button 1
- Move the player's tank up or down-up or down on the joystick or D-pad
- Shield-button 3
- Fire-button 4
1 point is award for each hit on the player's opponent. First player to 10 points wins.
- Zufallstreffer translates to "lucky hit" from German.
- ZUFALLSTREFFER is Der Luchs's first and only two player game, though SEELENWALZER has been mentioned as possibly being a two player game. It features simultaneous two player action and has no one player mode.
- Der Luchs states that ZUFALLSTREFFER is inspired by the gameplay style of Atari 2600 games.
- Der Luchs does not recommend this game for people who suffer from epilepsy due to the graphical components to its gameplay.
- The free downloadable version of this game contains an on-screen preface that states, "This is a free version of ZUFALLSTREFFER. If you paid for it, you've been ripped off! Thanks for the attention. - Der Luchs"